Sunday, June 18, 2006

A whale Tale

Some good news is that the Japanese gov which likes whaling as a business industry was rejected from future whaling. A person I talked to online from Japan, coupled with an online article I read last year where the people interviewed found whale meat disgusting and thought that whaling embarrased their country, show that the Japanese don't seem to particulalry like whaling either. Its good they got rejected. I know from a couple of different sources (see NHK) that the Japanese have scientists who study whales...and than kill them and use them for food but its all science they say. I hope this practice stops too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob, I had read this news, as well, and was very happy when it happened. I agree with you, I hope it continues!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

The only thing that should disturb a whale is the flash from a camera.

When you stop being a starving student, you can go shopping Chelsea Megastore

6:58 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Jamie, that was funny. I have a couple of things from there and we have the fight song albumn. What happened to Manchester United?

4:18 PM  
Blogger vanillabirdies said...

thats fantastic

and the way people simplify murdering animals is always somewhere in between amusing and disturbing.

well, i'm glad that they had to be embarrased over taste buds to do much lol

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home